Posted 22 December 2022 in
Fixed Wing, Australia, ATPL, CPL
Email your CV to apply
Kirkhope Aviation is based at Moorabbin Airport and operates Australian Air Safaris - fully escorted, all-inclusive premium air tours from 1 – 15 days throughout Australia. We are seeking a Touring Pilot to join our team.
Kirkhope Aviation is based at Moorabbin Airport and operates Australian Air Safaris - fully escorted, all-inclusive premium air tours from 1 – 15 days throughout Australia We operate a Beechcraft King Air, a Cessna Grand Caravan EX and Piper Chieftains on air tours to remote destinations in Australia.
We are seeking a versatile Touring Pilot to join our team. Our tours are fully hosted and run by our pilots (in conjunction with local tour operators), and we are primarily looking for someone who can deliver an outstanding tour experience. The ability to be an overall host and guide to our guests is the key aspect we are looking for, however strong single-pilot IFR competency is also necessary.
Tours run for periods of up to 15 days at a time and require pilots to stay with guests at luxury tourism destinations. Peak season is between March and October, with shorter tours and preparatory duties over the rest of the year.
The role can be either casual or full-time depending on the applicant’s experience.
- Demonstrated experience in a tourism or hospitality role, preferably hosting tours or experiences
- A friendly/outgoing personality, good communication skills and ability to mix well with mature age people
- Australian CPL or ATPL (Aeroplanes)
- Command Instrument Rating (MEA) with current IPC
- 1500hrs total flight time (Aeroplanes)
- 100hrs on at least one of BE20, PA31 or C208
- Confident and current single-pilot IFR skillset
Please send a cover letter and concise resumé to Nick Stobie via the link below by 5pm January 8th 2023.
Please do not apply unless you meet the mandatory requirements.