NORTHERN TERRITORY POLICE AIRWING - SENIOR PILOT DARWIN
Posted 12 February 2024 in
Fixed Wing, CPL, Australia
- Northern Territory Police Airwing
- Senior Pilot NT Police, Remuneration Package range starting $130,855 plus superannuation.
- Up to 7 weeks of Annual leave per year
- Full terms and conditions of employment including applicable allowances are outlined in Determination 1057 of 2023 available on the OCPE website.
- Ongoing Permanent position
We are seeking a professional with genuine commitment to industry best practice and safety to join a small team, flying the Pilatus PC-12 Aircraft.
An opportunity exists to join the team in Darwin as a senior pilot.
You will enjoy varied, interesting and rewarding flying amongst some of Australia’s most challenging environments in support of Police Operations.
We offer excellent NT Public sector working conditions with generous remuneration, annual leave, sick leave, superannuation, salary packaging and overtime.
Initial and ongoing training is provided.
You will need to display above average skills, work history and commitment.
There are minimum experience and qualification requirements. Only applicants meeting the minimum experience requirements will be considered.
1. Australian Commercial Pilots Licence, Multi-Engine or Single-Engine Instrument Rating and current Class 1 medical.
2. 1500 hours total with 500 hours combination Multi Engine Command or Turbine Engine Command and 50 hours night.
3. Demonstrated sound knowledge of aviation regulations, aircraft technical and operational information and a demonstrated high level of flying skills, Instrument Flight Rules procedures and airmanship.
4. Recent relevant experience in Charter or equivalent operations and proof of no accident history.
5. A dedication to safety, high levels of personal integrity and excellent communication skills, with demonstrated ability to fit into a small team and work with limited supervision.
6. Ability and willingness to be “on call” and perform duties outside of normal rostered hours if required.
7. An ability to interact effectively with people of diverse cultures and a demonstrated understanding of the principles of Equity and Diversity and Occupational Health and Safety.
1. Previous or current Pilatus PC-12 flight review with 200 hours on type.
2. Experience in tropical or remote flying environments particularly the NT.
3. Flight Instructor Rating.
4. 3 IPC’s including initial.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo a criminal history and intelligence/probity check. A criminal history or probity issue will not exclude an applicant from this position unless relevant. Shortlisted applicants may be subjected to an exam and assessment flight in order to establish suitability for the position.
Shortlisted applicants can expect an interview, exam and assessment flight.
How to apply
Applications MUST address selection criteria, provide a cover letter and comprehensive CV.
For a copy of the Job Description and to apply online please visit www.jobs.nt.gov.au
Due to the nature of NTG Policy please read all documents pertaining to remuneration package.
Vacancy number 017928
Further information relating to the position can be obtained from the Chief Pilot.
Reece Chiswell on 0419 679 312 or firstname.lastname@example.org