B-350 King Air Captain
Posted 5 December 2019 in
CPL, Australia, Fixed Wing
Job Title - B-350 King Air Captain
Employment Type - Ongoing Full time
Location - ACT
AFP Band & Salary - Band 04, $74,673.00 - $87,783.00
The mission of the AFP is to provide dynamic and effective law enforcement to the people of Australia. It provides policing throughout Australia in relation to the prevention and detection of crimes against the Commonwealth, its laws and integrity, and community police services to the Community of the ACT.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified people who are interested in an appointment to the AFP.
Role Description & Responsibilities
- Undertake a range of tasks at the direction of the Chief Pilot in support of AFP operations;
- Qualify and operate a B-350 Super King Air as pilot in command in all-weather day and night missions.
- Developing plans and ensuring all resources are effectively directed at achieving business area outputs;
- Assessing aviation situations, determining and effecting an appropriate response;
- Utilising and maintaining skills and aviation equipment; and
- Maintaining knowledge and understanding of the provisions of all relevant Civil Aviation Regulations and Civil Aviation Orders.
Desirable requirements, skills or experience:
- Current multi-engine
- Current MECIR
- Currently employed in a pilot position
- Current Commercial Pilots Licence or higher
- Total hours greater than 1500
- Total Multi-engine Pilot in Command hours greater than 500
- Held a Multi Engine Command Instrument Rating (MECIR)
- Class 1 Medical
- ASIC pass
- Successfully pass a screening flight test
- To be eligible you must be an Australian Citizen.
- This position requires the successful candidate to obtain a Negative Vetting 1
- Base at Canberra
- This recruitment is being used to create a pool for future vacancies that may arise over the next 12 months.
What do we offer?
We provide our people with many benefits appropriate to the level of the position including, but not limited to:
- An attractive remuneration package as per our Enterprise Agreement
- 22% composite allowance
- Four mandatory rest days per year
- Six weeks annual leave
- Flexible working arrangements
- Flex time
- 15.4% Superannuation
- External and internal training opportunities
How to apply:
- This is advertised as Job Vacancy ‘Line Pilot Operational Specialist’ (2068) on the AFP Careers Page.
- To apply visit the AFP’s Career Page at: https://www.afp.gov.au/careers/vacancies
- Refer to the ‘Required Application Documents’ section on the job ad on the AFP Careers Page
- If you have a disability/medical condition and require a copy of this advertisement and attached documentation in an accessible format or would like to discuss an access requirements/reasonable adjustment for the recruitment process, please contact AFPRecruitment@afp.gov.au
To obtain more information about the position please contact Pilot Recruit on firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: 11.59pm (AEDST) on Thursday, 19 December 2019.
As an inclusive organisation, the AFP provides opportunity for all Australians to fairly gain employment in the AFP. We appreciate that everyone is unique and acknowledge that diversity in thought leads to greater transparency and improved consideration in our decision making.