Rotary Wing Pilots
Posted 8 November 2021 in
Australia, Rotary Wing, CPL
Rotary Wing Pilots
The Royal Flying Doctor Service (Western Operations) has an outstanding history of service and excellence in aero-medical and primary health care across Australia. One of Australia’s most iconic brands, every hour of every day the RFDS is performing lifesaving work across Western Australia.
We are currently seeking a Rotary Wing Pilot to operate our EC145 helicopters (single pilot) on a full-time basis, based at Jandakot, where you and the clinical team will be tasked with the retrieval of patients. You will be agile in your approach, with the ability to work weekdays, nights, weekends and public holidays. This exciting expansion of our service will give the Royal Flying Doctor Service (Western Operations) greater flexibility and capability to respond quickly to each patients inter-hospital transfer needs.
About the role
- Operational duties associated with the preparation for and conduct of a flight, including normal refuelling, completion of statutory and RFDS documentation associated with a flight, assisting in the loading and unloading of patients and handling of luggage and/or cargo
- Flight planning and administration including preparation and maintenance of standard flight plans and data input, and preparation and maintenance of a landing site register where necessary
- Ensuring replenishment of aircraft medical oxygen
- Participation in activities relating to occupational health and safety and Safety and Quality Management System
- Performing post-flight cleaning of aircraft interior and exterior
- Hangaring aircraft where required for aircraft security
As a Pilot on our EC145 fleet, you will be dedicated to the job and focused on the task at hand. With a keen eye for detail and a passion to be part of a Company that helps others, you will possess a minimum of:
- Commercial Pilot Licence (H)
- 2000 hours Total Rotary Time
- 1000 hours turbine time
- 100 hours night flying
- Multi Engine Instrument Rating
- Night Vision Imaging System Rating
- BK117/EC145 rating
- Prior aeromedical experience
- Current Australian driver’s licence
This is an exciting and rewarding role, suited to highly motivated individuals. If you believe you possess the relevant attributes and skills to excel and thrive in this role, then we would like to hear from you! And if you previously applied, please reapply to confirm your interest.
Submit your resume and cover letter outlining your suitability for this role via the link below.
RFDS (Western Operations) is committed to providing aeromedical services across Western Australia. By ensuring our workforce is fully vaccinated against COVID-19, we are helping protect our people and our patients; and safeguarding our 24/7 service delivery. If you are a successful candidate for a position with our team, being vaccinated against COVID-19 will be a term of your employment conditions.
RFDSWO is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and people with disabilities to apply.
Please note applicants require the right to work in Australia, and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.